Cheewahhh!macam lah dah kahwin nak bagi tips kat orang konon!I terbaca notes facebook yang kawan I share. So I pun nak share la dengan you all semua yang bercita-cita mahu kahwin tak lama lagi. Eyhh, tapi untuk orang yang belum nak kahwin atau dah kahwin boleh je. Ilmu tak kira orang kan, banyak ilmu banyak lah pahala kita semua dapat.
Sebelum kita bersetuju untuk berkahwin dengan pasangan kita,
Sebelum kita bersetuju untuk berkahwin dengan pasangan kita,
1. Living Arrangements
- Be absolutely clear about where both of you will live once you are married. If its at one of the in law's, then discuss how long you'll stay there before you move to your own rented/purchased home. If your spouse is unhappy after a certain period of your living arrangements, do not treat this lightly. Make an effort to have a pleasing & peaceful home experience, especially if you will be living with parents & extended family
- Kat mana kita nak duduk lepas kahwin?siapa yang suka duduk rumah mertua?so
planning kena buat ye kawan-kawan.
- If you have any health issues, please let your potential spouse know about it. Do not give them a nasty surprise once you are married. For example, a couple i know are no longer together because the husband did not tell her that he has Erectile Dysfunction. She only found out once they were married. There are many conditions that can cause stress to build up such recurring migraines, asthma, diabetes, heart problems etc. Do not hide the existence of your medical condition(s).
- Huwaaa..ini sangat penting!Jangan sesekali berahsia tentang kesihatan yang
kita alami dengan pasangan!
- Don't laugh. Sex & finances are among the main reasons for divorce (add Facebook in the list these days).
- Brothers, please read up & learn about the right way to approach your wife. DO NOT rush her if she isn't ready to be intimate. A friend of mine took 9 months before she was ready to consumate the marriage. Alhamdulillah they now have 2 kids. Yes, that's an extreme example, but it happened. It could happen to you. Do not start pressuring her with fiqh, hadeeth & quran about the need to consumate the marriage as quickly as possible. Its very likely she knows all those points already. The issue is a psychological & emotional one, not a lack of knowledge for the most part. Maybe a friend told her intercourse is very painful, maybe she doesn't feel confident about her body, maybe she is just very shy. Be gentle, be romantic by going on short holidays together & just be patient. Oh yes, don't forget the dua's :)
- Sisters, especially if you are the very shy type, start reading up about intimacy. Don't shy away from straightforward descriptions of body parts & functions. Get comfortable & confident with your body. I don't mean exercise like crazy to get a specific body type, but know that if the guy loves you & wants to marry you, he's fine with the way you look. Sex is something you should look forward to without fear. Please know that you are entitled to & have a right to get your share of pleasure.
- If its confirmed that you are getting married, then ask your fiance/soon to be spouse if its okay with him if it takes a while for you to be comfortable to have sex. If he gets upset, that's a red flag there! A good brother would never get upset, but he'll assure you that he'll be gentle & wont pressure you. After all, he wants the experience to be pleasurable for both of you & not just for him. If you are shy to ask, then get a trusted third party to ask. I'm not kidding.
- Oh and one more thing brothers, don't get all paranoid & start imagining all sorts of "has she done it before?" scenarios if your wife ends up being very good in bed. Instead, be thankful.
- Hmmmm..ok. Tak nak komen lebih-lebih sebab saya belum berkahwin.
Cuma yang saya tahu ini ada kebenarannya!
4. Sex leads to.....Kids.
- Ask each other how soon after marriage do you plan to have kids? Don't assume your spouse has the same ideals as you do. You may wish to wait at least 1 year, whereas he thinks a baby 9 months after the nikah is obligatory. 4 kids is your perfect number, yet she wants 10, or none at all!
- What are each of your thoughts on adoption? What if one or both of you end up being impotent?
- Do not wait till you're married to ask about children.
- Pregnancy is a big deal for the lady. Some women are terrified of getting pregnant. Again, be patient and have her speak to other ladies who are pregnant/have kid to reassure her that she'll be fine. Oh wait, some men are even more terrified of having kids. Same process, get him to talk to fathers of his age.
- Nak ada 10 anak boleh?boleh buat 2 team futsal!ngeee~~
- Sisters, please inquire & know how much your potential spouse earns for a living. If his salary is lower than your expections for your lifestyle, ask yourself if you are willing to compromise. If you are used to LV, Gucci & Coach bags yet he can only afford Vincci, will that be a source of frustration for you? If the answer is yes, find out what are his plans to increase his income. On the flipside, if you are not the shopping type of girl, and handbags, shoes etc mean little to you, please don't settle for too little. At the very least know your rights on what your husband needs to spend on you.
- A girl i know is fine with her husband giving her only rm50 - rm150 a month for her toiletries, personal care & what not. She says she isn't materialistic, which alhamdulillah is good, but the result is that her husband doesn't spend a ringgit more on her. No dinner dates, no short weekend holidays. Nada. He has become complacent and forgotten his duty to support her living since she does not work.
- But i'm working, is it big deal?
- Can I continue to work after we get married? Can I start working after we get married? Can I stop working? Can I switch to a lower paying job that I love? "I'll be posted in Timbuktu 3 months after our nikah, and oh yes, I'll be there for 2 years & you gotta move there with me, no ifs or buts okay."
- Clarify all the above before you get married.
- Baiklah! (-_-)
- You hate cooking yet the very day of your nikah your dear hubby asks you "What are you cooking for dinner sayang?". Big problem! Yes, believe or not, a couple got divorced because of this very issue.
- Sister, especially if you work, ask him if he expects you to cook all the time. If he does, ask him if he can compromise.
- Brother, if you know she hates to cook, ask her if she's willing to learn at classes (which you pay for of course).
- She loves western food but you must have rice for every meal. Plus you hate pasta which she's obsessed with!!!
- I'm good in cooking!Eyhh, yeke?masak meggi, boleh?
- Picture this: A girl's hero is her dad who happens to help out alot around the house. Daddy helps with the dishes & laundry. He doesn't complain. She then marries a brother who will have nothing to with housework. In fact, he considers it a girls job not befiting a man! Guess how happy the marriage is going to be? If only she had asked him if he's okay with helping out with the dishes after she cooked that wonderful dinner.
- Brothers, please help out around the house. Rasulullah s.a.w did, hence no excuses.
- Nak pembantu boleh?(-_-)
Brothers & sisters, we need to be prepared for the worst case scenario as well. Sometimes in the desire to get married, we only see & imagine the beautiful & sweet life ahead, and as a result we get thrown overboard when a storm comes.
May Allah taala guide all of you who are seeking your life partner. May He also guide us who are already married to remain loving & faithful to each other. May He give us righteous children who will be His servants and help make the world around them a better place.
Thanks to Daniel Zain Ibrahim!